Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Elise's ANZAC writing

 Jim's journal




We were all sitting round the campfire, a tiny speck of light in between the mist, its embers
crackling like the guns going off the day before.I wondered what had happened to Carl, my
german soldier friend who got sent to the sick tent. knots are getting tied in my heart. I miss him
like he was part of my family but I am glad to have Nipper, my very loyal messenger dog friend
here as well as the other soldiers here too. Just as we were going  to bed I heard footsteps
behind me I spin around I see no one at all just mist and the lovely flamingo pink sky. When
suddenly out of the mist I saw…..Carl!! I hugged him tight [ Not too tight because his wound was
still healing.] and invited him to come in my tent to sleep for the night.

3 comments:

  1. this is a nice writing J watt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morena. I am the principal of Paparore School in the Far North. I've just read your amazing piece of writing. It had great descriptive images of what you were writing about. Keep up the wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi its Lacey from Ahipara School. You have written a great story. maybe next time you could add a picture. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete